Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
Congratulations to the newly elected
2017-2018 Federation Officers
President: Tim Thompson
First Vice President: Edward Wyse
Second Vice President: Bill Barfield
Treasurer: Alejandro Mattiuzzo
Recording Secretary: No Nominee
Corresponding Secretary: George Becerra
Brief biographical sketches of our proposed new officers
No one has indicated a willingness to serve as the Federation's Recording Secretary. If interested, please contact our President, Tim Thompson
Opening for Summer Interns to Update the Federation's Websites/Database and/or increase our social media presence
The Fairfax Federation would like to redesign its membership database and website. If you know students with the ability to help us with this effort and who would like to volunteer as an intern over the summer months, please have them contact the Federation Webmaster. Responses by 30 June would be appreciated. You are encourage to forward this request to those who you think are qualified and interested.
The database structure redesign would entail organizing the membership records by organization with attributes assignable to membership organizations, individual representatives of the member organizations, and financial reports of yearly membership activity.
The website structure redesign would entail refreshing our current site with the aim of organizing the data therein contained so that it is more logically presented and easily maintained.
Increasing our social media presence would involve coordinating the Federation presence on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter.
Intern applicants should submit examples of their current efforts.
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
Approved Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government Center. (31 July 2012)
- Letter to FCPS Board on the Fairfax County Public Schools Long Range Strategic Plan (26 Jan 15 )
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the preliminary FCPS FY16 Budget (19 Jan 15 )
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Education Committee (15 May 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Executive Committee (30 Jan 2012)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Advertised FCPS FY12 Budget (17 May 11)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendent's Proposed FCPS FY12 Budget (24 Jan 11)
- Letter to Governor McDonnell
to urge that the Local Composite Index (LCI) for the distribution of funds to the state's school districts be recalculated this year according to the normal two-year schedule, and not delayed by a year (7 Feb 10) (formal version as transmitted)
- Testimony to FCPS Board FY08 Budget (01/29/07)
- Provided testimony on the FCPS Superintendents' Proposed 2010 Budget, Verbal and Written
- Input to VDOT on the proposed I-66 Inside Beltway Multi-Modal Improvements (30 Jun 2015)
- Testimony on the I-66 Outside Beltway Environment Impact Statement (28 May 2015)
- Resolution asking for funding of Phase 2 study of transportation along the Route 1 corridor (20 Nov 2014)
- Resolution supporting the 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (16 Oct 2014)
- Letter to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority on Transaction 2040 (28 April 2011)
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |