Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
The Fairfax County Federation of Citizen Associations is conducting its annual survey for opinions about issues facing Fairfax citizens. Your response contributes to making a better Fairfax County and Virginia Commonwealth.
Board Chair Sharon Bulova administers the oath to our new officers: 2nd VP Bill Barfield, President Tim Thompson, 1st VP Ed Wyse and Treasurer Alejandro Mattiuzzo
President: Tim Thompson
First Vice President: Edward Wyse
Second Vice President: Bill Barfield
Treasurer: Alejandro Mattiuzzo
Recording Secretary: No Nominee
Corresponding Secretary: Matt Bell
Brief biographical sketches of our new officers
All our Federation email addresses are now in the format:
All email links on the website are being updated,
but if you come across one not in the proper format,
please be sure to update it in your email application!
Federation Inclement Weather Policy
Next Federation Membership Meeting
Thursday, 15 September 2016, at 7:30 p.m.
Neighborhood to Neighbor
Learn about communities working out ways to use inter-generational communication to help all, especially their older neighbors.
Presented by: Cherie Lejeune, Co-chair, Federation's Human Services Committee Co-Chair
Mason Governmental Center, Main Community Room
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003
Draft minutes of previous Membership meeting are in the current Bulletin
Members' Agenda (posted week of meeting)
Next Federation Board Meeting
Thursday, 22 September 2016, at 7:30 p.m.
Dunn Loring Center, Room 108 (Entrance 2)
2334 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring, VA 22027
Draft minutes of previous Board meeting
Board Agenda (posted week of meeting)
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
Approved Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government Center. (31 July 2012)
- Letter to FCPS Board on the Fairfax County Public Schools Long Range Strategic Plan (26 Jan 15 )
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the preliminary FCPS FY16 Budget (19 Jan 15 )
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Education Committee (15 May 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Executive Committee (30 Jan 2012)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Advertised FCPS FY12 Budget (17 May 11)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendent's Proposed FCPS FY12 Budget (24 Jan 11)
- Letter to Governor McDonnell
to urge that the Local Composite Index (LCI) for the distribution of funds to the state's school districts be recalculated this year according to the normal two-year schedule, and not delayed by a year (7 Feb 10) (formal version as transmitted)
- Testimony to FCPS Board FY08 Budget (01/29/07)
- Provided testimony on the FCPS Superintendents' Proposed 2010 Budget, Verbal and Written
- Input to VDOT on the proposed I-66 Inside Beltway Multi-Modal Improvements (30 Jun 2015)
- Testimony on the I-66 Outside Beltway Environment Impact Statement (28 May 2015)
- Resolution asking for funding of Phase 2 study of transportation along the Route 1 corridor (20 Nov 2014)
- Resolution supporting the 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (16 Oct 2014)
- Letter to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority on Transaction 2040 (28 April 2011)
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |